Thought I’d pop in to share what our dinner plans look like this week.
A few notes:
1) I love the Cozi app (which I’ve recommended before). It puts my dinner plans right into my calendar. I’ve been using it for grocery shopping, too, though I haven’t used their meal planning services. This is a screenshot.
2) I don’t work on Fridays so I usually do my grocery shopping (writhing toddler in tow.) My meal plan goes Friday-Thursday.
3) I was going to make dinner Saturday but ended up just grazing at book club. I made a butternut squash dip with tahini and date molasses out ofJerusalem, my latest cookbook obsession. (The eggplant recipe is also from there.)
4) We were exhausted by the aforementioned writhing toddler and decided to take the whole family (even the dog) to the beach yesterday. Dinner ended up being El Pollo Loco. And I’m fine with that. Though now I have three eggplants that need cooking. (The lamb is in the freezer anyway).
5) I get home pretty late on weeknights (after 7) so dinner is usually simple simple simple. The kids don’t always eat with us, either – Nuni usually eats at her after school program (or with my mom, who picks her up two days a week), and I usually feed Bootsy something as soon as I get home so we can get him to bed. He’s a big fan of leftovers – last week’s favorite was barley risotto with feta (also from Jerusalem).
I looked for it on your website, but what are “eggs fried in bread crumbs?” I think I need to make that.