Well, 2009 has been a banner year over here at The Domestic Front (erm, it has been the only year at The Domestic Front!) but I’m already thinking about and planning for the next one. I, like most Americans, have made New Year’s resolutions year after year, and like most Americans, have failed to keep them. But this time is different. Because I’m going to make foodie resolutions. And I never have trouble keeping those! We’re planning a mellow New Year’s Eve at home, where I’m cooking a feast (scallops, lamb and pistachio panna cotta) and we’ll drink champagne cocktails (recipe below). I hope you and yours have a wonderful New Year’s Eve and a happy 2010!
So, with no more ado, my 10 resolutions for 2010:
1. I’m going to try 3 new foods I’ve never tried before (not 3 new recipes, 3 new FOODs. These are reasonably difficult to find.)
2. I’m going to make the perfect Manhattan.
3. I’m going to make a croquembouche.
4. I’m going to memorize a recipe for biscuits.
5. I’m going to add at least 3 vegetarian dishes to my regular repertoire.
6. I’m going to cook a meal from at least one cuisine I’ve never attempted.
7. I’m going to shop at ethnic markets.
8. I’m going to cook with seasonal ingredients.
9. I’m going to eat a boatload of strawberries.
10. I’m going to make jam.
- Angostura Bitters
- Sugar Cube
- Pour bitters on the sugar cube until it's nearly saturated. Drop the sugar cube into the champagne flute, and top with champagne. Enjoy!
What are your foodie resolutions?